How to maximize retargeting ROI with photo reviews
This hack turns your photo reviews into powerful remarketing campaigns: Facebook and Instagram Dynamic Product Ads powered with social proof!
Do you know how many ads have you seen today? Our bet is the number is well in the thousands.
In the golden age of television, running an ad on one of the big networks would allow you to reach 70 percent of the viewing audience. But things have changed quite a bit since, and we’ve gone from being exposed to about 500 ads a day back in the 1970s to as many as 5,000 (or even more according to some estimates) today across multiple channels in 2019.
Here is the interesting thing – as you go about your day, you probably don’t notice most of those ads, unless you explicitly have been paying attention or saw something unusual that caught your eye.
This phenomenon is called banner blindness. Because the amount of marketing messages we see daily is enormous, our brains simply cannot process them all. As a result, most of us have learned to ignore any ad-like information we see.
So here’s the tough reality your eCommerce brand if facing:
- Ads are everywhere, and competing for customer attention is becoming more expensive and challenging
- Human brains have learned to ignore ads, so getting your ad noticed is a battle in and of itself
- Advertising clutter makes it extremely difficult for brands to stand out, especially as users learned to tune-out marketing messages and ads
It sounds like a perfect time for brands to recognize the need for less intrusive marketing strategies. Enter the User-Generated Content.
What is user-generated content?
User-generated content is the prime example of creative that does not feel like an ad – influencer marketing and photo reviews are great examples of such tactics.
Here is why UGC is so effective:
- Nearly 70 percent of online consumers look at product reviews before making a purchase.
- Product reviews are 12-times more trusted than product descriptions, and sales copy from brands themselves.
- Web conversions are 29% higher with UGC than campaigns or websites without it.
Why collect reviews with photos?
Because of this long history of communicating without text, our brains have adapted to process visual information more efficiently than text. In a race, text just can’t compete with images. People form judgments quickly – you have only 15 seconds to communicate to a visitor if he or she can trust your brand.
That is why across the board, visual content such as user-generated videos and photos have an immense impact on reach, engagement, and ultimately sales.
- Reviews that include user-generated photos convert up to 91% better than textual reviews
- Visitors of websites that include UGC galleries spend 90% more time on the site
- Social campaigns that incorporate UGC see a 50% lift in engagement
- Ads with UGC generate 5-times greater click-through rates
- UGC drives a 73% increase in email click-through rates
Why use UGC in your remarketing campaigns?
The answer is simple: you can significantly boost conversions by using your products’ photo reviews in Facebook remarketing ads.
According to Neil Patel, social proof is perfect to use in ads because ads with UGC have:
▪ 300% higher click-through rate (CTR)
▪ 50% lower cost per click (CPC)
▪ 50% lower cost per acquisition (CPA) than the ads with brand content.
According to our friends at AdMonks, there are quite a few advantages to creating campaigns featuring UGC:
- You’re telling your brand’s story via your customers’ experience;
- you’re showing how much this experience means to your store;
- You’re building authentic trust by displaying legit photos and words of real people, not celebrities.
UGC + Retargeting = Sales
What would happen if you could target your site visitors with reviews of the exact products they were viewing at your store? Along with them — the cart abandoners, getting authentic customer reviews of the products they left behind? The answer is – conversions!
Admonks team has run an experiment and here are the results from a Dynamic Product Reviews Ad. Look at how overall ROAS looked like with one of their users!
Keep in mind that they targeted Cart Abandoners — people, who added an item to their cart but did not purchase.
You work hard for every single 5-star rating, so use them to their fullest potential! Photo reviews are the perfect type of content to cut through banner blindness, catch your customers attention and move them down your sales funnel!
Review Dynamic Product Ads with Loox and Admonks
The best news? You don’t need to be a Facebook Ads expert to start running these highly effective campaigns that retarget your users with dynamic review ads! Take advantage of the latest integration between Loox and Admonks and easily launch kick-ass campaigns with few clicks. All you need is install AdMonks and Loox at the Shopify app store. 😉